The Insurance coverage Business Charitable Basis (IICF), a nonprofit group devoted to serving to communities and enriching lives, hosted the annual IICF Week of Giving, a celebration of the insurance coverage trade’s year-round dedication to volunteerism, from October 14–21.
In keeping with a press launch, 1000’s of insurance coverage professionals gathered throughout the US and UK to take part in service tasks and provides again to their communities.
“Ours is an trade dedicated to volunteerism and philanthropy, and we’re proud to have fun our collective impression in the course of the IICF Week of Giving,” mentioned Invoice Ross, CEO of IICF. “We see the dedication of insurance coverage professionals giving again by IICF annually, and as we strategy the thirtieth anniversary of the Insurance coverage Business Charitable Basis in 2024, we’re energized and excited to proceed providing inventive and significant volunteer tasks that profit our nonprofit companions, neighbors and communities.”
IICF studies that the Week of Giving supplies important assets and assist to help causes equivalent to schooling, security, meals and housing insecurity, catastrophe preparedness, kids in danger and extra. Main tasks from this 12 months’s philanthropic celebration included:
- An early literacy occasion with nonprofit accomplice Breakthrough in Chicago. Roughly 60 kids between ages 2 and 5 had been guided by interactive literacy actions by 40 volunteers from a number of insurance coverage corporations. Open Books, one other IICF nonprofit accomplice, donated books for the youngsters to take house and offered a kids’s storyteller on the occasion, which concluded with a gaggle dance get together.
- Greater than eight Week of Giving volunteer tasks throughout a number of workplace areas within the Northeast US. Publish & Schell, a board member firm of IICF’s Philadelphia Chapter, organized the tasks throughout a number of workplace areas with Manna, Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership, Reward of Life Howie’s Home, The Lehigh Valley Humane Society, Angels in Movement, Household Home, Susquehanna Service Canine, and the IICF Share the Heat Coat Drive. Since 2017, Publish & Schell’s Week of Giving contributions have benefited greater than 50 charitable organizations, helped numerous communities and instantly helped folks in want.
- The washing of greater than 45,000 headstones of fallen US servicemen and servicewomen on the Dallas-Fort Value and Houston nationwide cemeteries. A file variety of practically 600 insurance coverage leaders in Texas joined collectively within the two cities in what has turn into a practice over the previous decade to honor fallen troopers and their households. Volunteers representing greater than 32 corporations within the IICF Southeast Division cleaned the headstones.
- A meals drive in Seattle and Portland that offered greater than 2,000 meals to Sunshine Division (OR) and Rainier Valley Meals Financial institution (WA). IICF’s Pacific Northwest Chapter volunteers additionally packed baggage and sorted donations. Leaders delivered an “Insurance coverage 101” presentation, sharing why insurance coverage is required and what an insurance coverage profession can seem like, to Summer season Search students and younger adults. Summer season Search works with resilient low-income highschool college students and evokes them to turn into accountable and altruistic leaders by offering year-round mentoring, school advising and extra.
- One-on-one CV and interview classes with six ladies supported by Ladies’s Inclusive Crew, an IICF grant recipient charity that gives coaching and neighborhood providers to ethnic ladies in East London. Members of IICF UK’s Affiliate Board additionally joined with WIT volunteers to make dozens of samosas for an upcoming artwork occasion hosted by the charity.
IICF’s 2024 Week of Giving is scheduled for Oct. 12–19, 2024.
Study extra and register for IICF’s volunteering tasks all year long at http://www.volunteer.iicf.org/.
Concerning the Insurance coverage Business Charitable Basis (IICF)
The Insurance coverage Business Charitable Basis (IICF) is a novel nonprofit that unites the collective strengths of the insurance coverage trade to assist communities and enrich lives by grants, volunteer service and management. Established in 1994, IICF has served because the philanthropic voice and basis of the insurance coverage trade for near thirty years, contributing greater than $45 million in neighborhood grants together with over 325,000 volunteer hours by greater than 115,000 trade professionals. IICF reinvests regionally the place funds are raised, serving a whole lot of charities and nonprofit organizations for max neighborhood impression.
IICF is a registered nonprofit group below Part 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Study extra at www.iicf.org.
Crucial insurance coverage information,in your inbox each enterprise day.
Get the insurance coverage trade’s trusted publication